What reviewers are saying...

♥ 2015 Rainbow Book Awards Honorable Mention ♥
♥ 2014 Amazon Bestseller ♥
♥ 2014 Dreamspinner Press Bestseller ♥
♥ 2014 All Romance Ebooks Bestseller ♥
♥ 2013 Top Pick of the Year ♥
♥ 2013 All Romance Ebooks Bestseller ♥
♥ 2012 Rainbow Book Awards Honorable Mention ♥
♥ 2011 Best-selling Author ♥
♥ 2011 Best Anthology ♥

Friday, November 15, 2013

AJ Llewellyn


It is my pleasure to introduce AJ Llewellyn, author of Honeybone books 1 and 2

AJ Llewellyn
Tell us a little bit about how Honeybone came to life. What inspired the story?
I have always loved police procedurals and I met a US Marshal in Honolulu with whom I spent a great deal of time. He shared his insights into his profession and some of his worst experiences. These influenced the creation of Honeybone greatly. I adore both the real man and the fictional one. I was touched to know how many men and women in law enforcement always have one case that they were unable to solve that still affects them. This is the base for the entire series. The serial killer that got away...
Who is your favorite character and what makes them so memorable to you?
I have so many characters I love,but I do adore Dean Honeybone, a man who is deeply affected by his work and his commitment to protecting children. The US Marshals Service has a long history of taking care of our nation's children. Four US Marshals accompanied little Ruby Bridges - the first African American child to be integrated into a white school - every single day, protecting her from the vile things adults did to her. They were heroes!
Tell us a little bit about yourself and what made you decide to write?
I grew up writing and reading voraciously. Writing was my outlet for grief after my mother died when I was six. We weren't allowed to talk about her, so I wrote about her. I wrote my first book when I was 8. It featured my twin obsessions, death and horses. Everybody died at the end, including the horses!
Any advice for aspiring authors?
Just do it. Get off the Internet, a huge time-sucker, and WRITE something every day.

Writing is a vocation. There is no such thing as waiting for inspiration. It is a vocation that somebody once said is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration. I must be mighty stinky by now!

WIN THE BOOK NOW!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Honeybone Books 1 and 2
From Amber Allure, released 2013-09-05

Blurb:
Previously available only in electronic format, these two stories of Gay Erotic Romance have now been combined for a paperback edition! Included are the tales...

Honeybone, Book 1:
Honeybone Murder, mayhem, hot man-love...and madness. It's all in a day's work for US Federal Marshal Dean Honeybone... Honeybone is accompanying extradited child killer Richard Stance to Australia when their plane crashes off the northeast coast of the island continent. The only survivors of the packed flight are Honeybone and four-year-old Kaia Pendleton, whom Dean rescues during the crash. As Dean and Kaia recuperate in a Queensland hospital, questions swirl about what caused the accident...and what happened to Stance's body, the only one not recovered from the wreckage. Unable to return to work due to his injuries and plagued by raging headaches and violent nightmares, Honeybone must rest. Convinced that Stance survived and is free to kill again, he's reluctant to take the gift of a week-long dream vacation at Wilson Island, a remote, luxury resort where only ten guests at a time are allowed to visit. Honeybone gives in, pondering the prospect of rekindling his relationship with Rongo Davis, an Australian Security Intelligence operative. But then he meets Jean-Luc Sebastien, a French chef, and discovers the possibility of a different sort of life. Yet all the while, death and danger are as close as the next barrier reef...

Honeybone, Book 2:
Creed US Marshal Dean Honeybone will always protect those he loves...even from himself... Dean Honeybone has made great progress in his recovery from a plane crash in Queensland, Australia. Now in New Orleans with his lover, French chef Jean-Luc Sebastien, Honeybone is scheduled to get back to work, except he starts receiving nasty notes and phone calls. The sender claims to be watching him. The sender also claims to be Richard Stance, the vicious extradited child killer Honeybone was accompanying on the plane to Australia when it crashed. Unwilling to put his lover at risk, Honeybone wants to send Jean-Luc out of the country to safety, and returns to work on a Louisiana murder case. Jean-Luc, however, unwilling to run, stays in New Orleans, putting a strain on the men's relationship. Meanwhile, Kaia Pendleton, the little girl Dean rescued in the crash, wants to visit Dean and Jean-Luc as promised. But with the crazy letters and phone calls escalating, Honeybone fears the killer's prophecy of fulfilling his creed.

8 comments:

pat nelson said...

Fantastic blurbs and interview. Please count me in. =}

Tracey Steinbach said...

I'm adding this to my TBR list!

Silver Pixies said...

I love love love these stories!!! Love the interview!!!
oxoxox

Silver

Dannyfiredragon said...

I absolutely love your books. Great interview. Hugs

Alison Mann said...

Brilliant Interview!

Peaches said...

You had me at "US Federal Marshal"! I'd love to give these a try. It's my first time hearing about them, so I'm very curious now. Thank you for the giveaway.

Patricia Logan said...

You can't get much sexier than macho gay cops now can you. I am a sucker for a man in uniform. Can't wait to read the books!

Laurie P said...

These sound fabulous! I so want to read them.
Laurie P
goaliemom0049(at)gmail(dot)com