What reviewers are saying...

♥ 2015 Rainbow Book Awards Honorable Mention ♥
♥ 2014 Amazon Bestseller ♥
♥ 2014 Dreamspinner Press Bestseller ♥
♥ 2014 All Romance Ebooks Bestseller ♥
♥ 2013 Top Pick of the Year ♥
♥ 2013 All Romance Ebooks Bestseller ♥
♥ 2012 Rainbow Book Awards Honorable Mention ♥
♥ 2011 Best-selling Author ♥
♥ 2011 Best Anthology ♥

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

DC Juris


It is my pleasure to introduce DC Juris, author of DC Juris Talks About Pudding Jones

DC Juris
Tell us a little bit about how Pudding Jones came to life. What inspired the story?
"Pudding Jones" springs from a lot of sources - part of it is based on real life, part isn't. A lot of it draws from my own childhood. I actually started writing it several years ago, but put it aside when I realized how it would end - I just refused to finish it. But life being what it is...I ended up in an emotionally heavy situation, and this book resurfaced, and just demanded to be completed. Far be it from me to debate with my muse.
Who is your favorite character and what makes them so memorable to you?
In this story, I like the characters equally. Pudding is so tragic...there's just so very much potential there, and you're forced to wonder, had his childhood been different, where could he have ended up? What could he have accomplished? And Emmer has such a journey throughout this book. He goes from being this hot-shot to realizing he's not all that hot after all, and being very humbled. Many people don't take being humbled well, and I think Emmer accepts it with a kind of grace, which he certainly learned from Pudding.
Tell us a little bit about yourself and what made you decide to write?
I've been writing since I could hold a crayon - I wrote my first story on the walls of my bedroom in red crayon before I entered Kindergarten. Writing has just always been what I was meant to do. Otherwise, I'm you're typical, run-of-the-mill human: I love, love, LOVE (did I mention love?) Star Trek (TOS), drag shows, cupcakes, good food, good wine, reading, photography, Star Trek, long drives to nowhere, rummage sales, antiques, playing games on my iPhone...Oh, and Star Trek. I don't think I mentioned that.
Any advice for aspiring authors?
Read and write. Seriously - just read and write. Read everything - read the 5 Star books and the 1 Star books. You'll find some of them are alarmingly similar. But read them anyway. Learn what you like to read. Learn what you don't like to read. Figure out your own personal pet peeves and DON'T DO ANY OF THEM EVER! You'll be about 3 steps ahead of the game just by doing that. Do not look at writing magazines - they will only make you feel inadequate. Well, not really - they can actually be very helpful, depending, but points if you got the reference.

Thanks for having me, dahling! ::smooches:: And thanks to everyone who stopped by and took a moment to check out the post!

WIN THE BOOK NOW!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Pudding Jones
From Wilde City Press, released 2013-07-31

Blurb:
Award-winning reporter Emmer Richfield is the kind of guy who covers wars, the kind of guy who asks the hard-hitting questions. He is not—and he's certain about this—the kind of guy who does sappy human-interest stories about homeless people. But his newest assignment is not just any human-interest story, it's a mandate from the mayor: convince the people of Dodson that Foxton Industries' plan to build a mall—and oust the homeless population—is a bad idea by way of a feature on a homeless man named Pudding Jones. But Pudding quickly goes from just another story to a man who changes Emmer's life. The question is, can Emmer return the favor before it's too late?

6 comments:

Natalija said...

Loved the interview, thanks for sharing! I'd love to enter the giveaway.

Patricia Nelson said...

Great interview. Thank you. Please count me in. =}

Tracey said...

Great interview! Did you say you liked Star Wars or Star Trek?

DC Juris said...

LOL I have a slight fondness of Star Trek...how did you guess?

Tracey Steinbach said...

No idea. I must be psychic. LOL

ShirleyAnn said...

Great Interview, Please Count Me In.
Thank You

ShirleyAnn@speakman40.freeserve.co.uk