What reviewers are saying...

♥ 2015 Rainbow Book Awards Honorable Mention ♥
♥ 2014 Amazon Bestseller ♥
♥ 2014 Dreamspinner Press Bestseller ♥
♥ 2014 All Romance Ebooks Bestseller ♥
♥ 2013 Top Pick of the Year ♥
♥ 2013 All Romance Ebooks Bestseller ♥
♥ 2012 Rainbow Book Awards Honorable Mention ♥
♥ 2011 Best-selling Author ♥
♥ 2011 Best Anthology ♥

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Will Parkinson

It is my pleasure to introduce Will Parkinson, author of "Pitch"

Meet Will Parkinson


Tell us a little bit about how "Pitch" came to life. What inspired the story?
Pitch actually came about as the result of a dream. I woke up from it and had to type it out. The original story was called "You're Kidding?" and was about the guys in college. A friend asked if I planned to expand the story and the idea intrigued me. When Eden told me that she thought I had a great voice for YA stories, I opted to take the guys back into high school.

Who is your favorite character and what makes them so memorable to you?
Benny. He's a god, I swear. Everyone should have one of their very own. He's possessive of his friends and protective to a fault.

Tell us a little bit about yourself and what made you decide to write?
I'm 49 years old on the outside. Inside I'm still a kid. When I was fourteen I fell in love with writing. It was an escape for me, especially as I came to understand that I was gay. Writing was an outlet for me and helped me to deal with the feelings I had. Of course I could never show my writing to anyone, since I was still in the closet. When I finally wrote a story I could share, I took it to my father and handed it to him. I was so proud of what I'd done and having something I could finally share. He took it from my hand, looked at me, and said, 'What are you wasting your time on that shit for? It's never going to amount to anything.' I was crushed. Completely and totally. I took everything I'd ever written, "Free at Last", "The Triad", "Happy Endings" and some sci-fi stuff, threw them in a box and stopped writing. It took many years before I met Eden Winters who set me on the road to reclaiming what I'd lost - my dream that I could write something people would enjoy.

Any advice for aspiring authors?
Never stop. It doesn't matter what others tell you. Keep working on it, hone your craft, find others who can help you.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to do this. It's been a wild roller coaster, and I'm a bit freaked out over the generosity of friends who have helped me get where I am.

You can follow Will Parkinson at http://www.willparkinson.com/ and on Facebook.
WIN THE BOOK NOW!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Pitch
From Harmony Ink, released August, 2013
Buy it from Harmony Ink

Blurb:
The day Jackson Kern walks into Taylor Andrews’s classroom is a momentous day in Taylor's life. He's had crushes before, sure, but as time goes on, this is starting to look a whole lot more serious. Still, Jackson doesn’t return Taylor’s feelings.
Taylor has his own admirers, though. Kevin Richards is used to getting what he wants, and what he wants right now is Taylor, so when Taylor rejects him, Kevin retaliates. At first Taylor’s entourage rallies around him, but then Kevin takes his deception one step further and Taylor sees his support dwindle, teaching him the valuable lesson about who he can truly consider a friend.

9 comments:

Tracey Steinbach said...

Great interview! I love Will's sense of humor!

Sheila Lake said...

Thanks for the great giveaway!

Anastacia Hess said...

nice interview, I would love to read this story. The thing about your dad makes me want to apologize on behalf of all parents. Parents shouldn't stunt their kid's creativity. I'm grateful you started writing again.

dana purser said...

Kool interview I have read the blurb for this book and I love it so far can't wait to read it please count me in for the contest.

Lady Letti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lady Letti said...

Great interview

Tina Marie said...

Nice interview Will. Even if you are evil!

phoenixemrys said...

Enjoyed the interview, and book looks great!

trenton slayers said...

I loved the interview!!!!!! Want more!!!!!