What reviewers are saying...

♥ 2015 Rainbow Book Awards Honorable Mention ♥
♥ 2014 Amazon Bestseller ♥
♥ 2014 Dreamspinner Press Bestseller ♥
♥ 2014 All Romance Ebooks Bestseller ♥
♥ 2013 Top Pick of the Year ♥
♥ 2013 All Romance Ebooks Bestseller ♥
♥ 2012 Rainbow Book Awards Honorable Mention ♥
♥ 2011 Best-selling Author ♥
♥ 2011 Best Anthology ♥

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Eden Winters


It is my pleasure to introduce Eden Winters, author of "Diversion"

Meet Eden Winters

Tell us a little bit about how "Diversion" came to life. What inspired the story?

In my short story Highway Man, I experimented with a new type of character, a gruff, not-very-lovable-on-the-surface kind of guy who has a good heart if he trusts you enough to show it. In the writing I discovered a love for growly, flawed heroes in need of a good man to love.

Part of my day job includes reading articles related to the pharamceutical industry, and one day I came across an account of a man stealing a tractor trailer full of medicine in two and a half minutes. Hmmm... Enter Diversion and its star Lucky Lucklighter, former drug trafficker now working off his sentence in service to the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau. He's arrogant, cocky, and totally wrapped around partner Bo Schollenberger's finger--though Lucky won't admit it. Umm... because even I had trouble believing the two and a half minute thing, I increased Lucky's truck stealing time to five minutes, though he blamed his lousy performance on cold fingers.

Who is your favorite character and what makes them so memorable to you?

Actually, I love Bo and Lucky equally in this story (and in the sequels). Lucky says and does the things I wish I had the guts to say and do, and he's the brawn in the relationship--Bo is the brains and the heart. Bo sees the good in people whereas Lucky only sees the bad. Together they create balance.

Tell us a little bit about yourself and what made you decide to write?

I've always written, even as a child, and hatched plot bunnies from listening to music or daily experiences even before I knew what they were. When I discovered M/M stories, I was hooked. While discussing a favorite book with a friend I'd met in fanfiction, she said to me, "We could do this, you know." The rest is history. That friend's name? P.D. (Pam) Singer.

Any advice for aspiring authors?

The biggest hurdle to writing a book, in my opinion, is the belief that you can't. Writing 8,000 words is easier than 80,000, so publish a short story. Hey! You're now a published author! You CAN do it! So go write!


Diversion is the first book in a series that follows the pharmaceutical crime-fighting careers of two very different men who each had a brush with the law and are now paying for their mistakes. Collusion continues their story as they tackle a very difficult case that pits them not only against the bad guys, but each other. Watch for the third installment, Corruption, this fall. Bo on a Harley, in chaps. 'Nuff said.

You can follow Eden Winters at www.edenwinters.com, edenwinters1 on Twitter, and Eden Winters on Facebook.
WIN THE BOOK NOW!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Diversion
From Amber Allure, released March, 2012
Blurb:

Drug dealers aren't always on the streets; sometimes they sit in offices and board rooms, selling merchandise in official looking bottles instead of little cellophane bags.

When given a choice between eight more years in prison or using his "expertise" to assist the Southeastern Narcotics Bureau's Department of Diversion Prevention and Control, convicted drug trafficker Richmond "Lucky" Lucklighter takes the sentence with the illusion of freedom. Cynical and unwilling to admit he's begun to care about his job, he counts the days until his debt is paid. His sole obstacle to getting his life back is the rookie he's assigned to train before he leaves; a rookie who quotes pharmacy texts, hasn't paid his dues, and has the obnoxious tendency of seeing the good in everyone – including the target of their investigation.

Former Marine Bo Schollenberger dreamed of becoming a pharmacist and watched the dream turn into a nightmare of PTSD-fueled prescription drug abuse. Battling his demons daily, he wakes up every morning, wondering, "Will this be the day I give in?" To keep his license, he must now put his skills to use for a diversion control task force, deal with a crude partner with too much attitude and no brain-to-mouth filter, and take down a drug lord who reminds him of his favorite cooking show hostess.

The bad guys don't stand a chance -- if Lucky and Bo don't strangle each other first...

10 comments:

Will Parkinson said...

I do so love Bo. Lucky is damned sure living up to his name to keep this man.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the third book. Those two always make me happy. :)

Z.Allora said...

Lucky is not cocky... it's called confident...and Bo is very lucky to have Lucky as well.
>>>>> Okay, so can anyone tell I love these guys? Great story and I can't wait for the third one to come out.
Hugs, Z.

dana purser said...

I have not had a chance to read this series yet but it sounds realy good

ferishia said...

I have this in my TBR pile but it sounds like I need to move it to the top! :)

Katrina Harrison said...

Amazingggggggg :)

Barbra said...

Sounds good, and I love series. :)

Marie Lisk said...

Wow...Can't wait to read this one. Thanks for the great giveaways. Marie melisk1966@yahoo.com

Leanne Gagnon said...

I'm new to you. Hope I get to read meet your charactets

Dena Celeste said...

Gotta love the gruff, growly ones. It's nice to see how a good guy can make 'em purrrrr. ;)